Painted Meadow

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Love Old Doors

I love old doors and I recently stumbled across quite a few at my local Asset Recycling Center. I found three that I did not think I could live without and for only $7.00 a door it was a steal. I am constantly rearranging my home, creating new design pieces and trying various ways of making something old
look like something new. 

We bought an amazingly comfortable new bed a few years ago and it came with a bed frame, but not headboard. The bed fits right up against the wall in this little bed nook in our bedroom and we have two large bed pillows that I use as a sort of headboard so it has never really bothered me too much, that is until I started to redecorate our bedroom. I bought new paint, bed sheets and a great new comforter and I told my husband that we definately had to get a headboard. We have been on the lookout for the perfect one for a bout two weeks now and I have not found exactly what I am looking for.


So, here is where the doors I found come into the picture. I absolutely love this look created by Beckie from http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/ I was pleasently surprised that she created this from an old door she found on the side of the road. With a little sanding, filling in holes and paint, she has created a beautiful headboard.

I just love looking around her site(s) as she has some serious crafting skills! I love her crib find scripture plaque and her jewelry holder as well. 

I am going to attempt to make a headbord this weekend while the paint is drying on my walls in the bedroom and I hope that mine looks half as good as hers when I am finished. I will post pictures of the before and after when the room is complete - Wish me luck! 

XOXO, Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment